The Law of Attraction = Action



I read a lot of books on the Law of Attraction – some are better than others. I agree with the principal: what you think about is what you attract into your life. What I don't believe is the idea that all we have to do is wish for things and then sit back and wait for them to come to us. In my mind, The Law of Attraction = Action.

Mike Dooley, one of my favorite authors, talks about starting with an end goal in mind and then working backwards. The operative word here is work. Dooley encourages people to take steps in the general direction of their goals, leaving the “cursed hows” to the universe. All of this requires action, not thought.

I'm not a religious person, but the phrase, “Faith without Works is Dead,” certainly rings true for me. How can I expect good things to happen in life if I'm not doing my part to bring about those desires? And even if I could just make things materialize simply by wishing them to be so, how much joy could I really expect to receive from that?

It's not enough to create a vision board filled with beautiful images of what I'd like my life to look like. I've noticed that the times I feel the most satisfied is when I've done the footwork on a project and then see positive results from my sustained effort. This kind of action is truly empowering.

It is my hope that everyone dreams big and follows their dreams in a big way. Yes, the Universe is Conspiring in Everyone's Favor, but only to the extent that we work with the Universe to make it happen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning for a Reason

Celebrating the Winter Solstice

Support for Students