Meet Gadzooks! Actress Lesley Mendenhall



Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, I found myself at the ripe old age of 5 sitting on the stage at The MUNY in St. Louis ........blindfolded........with thousands of people watching......with the American and Japanese flags in my hands, pondering the meaning of life... while my "Mother", Cho-Cho-San, (Madama Butterfly), sang an amazingly stunning aria and then...killed herself ..theatrically of course......would be great if there was some fabulous segue to my now many .....ahem...years later...voice acting career, but alas...let's just say I danced, then sang (I did stop to get a degree in Opera performance along the way...) across the US, and now, after life experiences a wee bit too colorful to detail here, much prefer the peace and quiet of the recording studio.  (Lesley is represented by TGMD in Los Angeles, STARS in San Francisco, and Talent Management Group in Salt Lake City).

A Note From Adele
It was an honor for me to work with Lesley again. She is funny, professional and offers a wide range of accents – many of them very difficult to master. As an example, Lesley took on the challenging role of Suki, an Asian snitch, in Yikes! Another Quirky Audio Book. In Gadzooks! A Comically Quirky Audio Book, Lesley gives voice to Nancy Neptune, a hard scrabble shock jock from Hackensack, New Jersey. The ability to hire people who can give voice to all my wacky characters is truly a boon for me!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning for a Reason

Celebrating the Winter Solstice

Support for Students