Review of Mystery of the Witches' Bridge



I came across Mystery of the Witches' Bridge by accident. I had been searching for other books written by May Nickerson Wallace, author of The Ghost of Dibble Hollow. Anyone who uses Amazon is familiar with their “You might also like . . .” feature. In this case, I mistakenly thought Mystery of the Witches' Bridge had been penned by May Nickerson Wallace. As it turns out, the actual writer is Barbee Oliver Carleton http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Witches-Bridge-Barbee-Carleton/dp/0590413988/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412080124&sr=1-1&keywords=mystery+of+the+witches+bridge

I can see why Amazon linked these two books. Both are about young boys who go to an unfamiliar place for the summer only to encounter a mystery involving family rivalries from long ago. I'm a sucker for these types of novels. I love the idea of solving a mystery over a summer and the search for lost treasure which which exonerates those who have been wrongly accused of misdeeds.

In the case of Mystery of the Witches' Bridge, the protagonist, Dan Pride, is not only faced with clearing the family name, but also with resolving the superstitions involving Prides Point, the family property. The townsfolk in this story have long been haunted by a phantom fiddler who plays an eerie tune when the fog rolls in near Witches' Bridge.

As a fan of YA, especially in the mystery genre, I was happy to discover the work of Barbee Oliver Carleton https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/694807.Barbee_Oliver_Carleton. I gave Mystery of the Witches' Bridge 3 stars on my Goodreads Page https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4673038.Adele_Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning for a Reason

Celebrating the Winter Solstice

Support for Students