Review of The Racketeer by John Grisham



I'm always happy when I discover one of my favorite writers has come out with a book in paperback. It's not that I'm opposed to paying full price for a hardbound book, it's just that they're heavy and hard to read in bed! Needless to say, I was thrilled when I came across John Grisham's novel, The Racketeer, in paperback http://www.amazon.com/Racketeer-Novel-John-Grisham/dp/0345530578/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410873178&sr=1-1&keywords=the+racketeer+john+grisham
I've heard some literary types poo-pooing writers like Johh Grisham, though I often wonder why. For starters, anyone who can pump out as many best selling books as Grisham must be doing something right. More importantly, Grisham has a gift of sucking readers into the lives of his characters within the first pages of every book he's ever written http://www.jgrisham.com/

Writing is about communication, not flowery words. Grisham puts a fine point on this practice, creating novels that make readers yearn to find out what happens next. The Racketeer is no exception. From the get-go, this book draws readers into a plot involving a prisoner named Malcolm Bannister. Grisham expertly creates a plot which involves Bannister being released from prison in exchange for providing information about the murder of a federal judge.

Besides the interesting characters and intriguing plot line, what I liked about The Racketeer were all the unexpected twists and turns. By the end of the book, I had a completely different take on the action than when I started. And all this happened without a lot of confusion on my part. I gave The Racketeer 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4673038.Adele_Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning for a Reason

Celebrating the Winter Solstice

Support for Students