My Review of The Hungry Girl Diet by Lisa Lillien


Generally speaking, I don't believe in or follow diets. To me, the word “diet” equates with something temporary, so I don't view it as a real lifestyle change. Nonetheless, I found myself wanting to drop a few pounds for a photo shoot, so going on a temporary eating plan to accomplish this goal seemed reasonable. To assist in the process, I purchased a book called The Hungry Girl Diet by Lisa Lillien

I was attracted to this book because I like to eat! I was happy to discover the book outlined very reasonable meal plans which, when followed, will lead to weight loss. I was pleasantly surprised by how ordinary and normal the menu selections were. In other diets I have tried, the plans cut out whole food groups or require you to eat or drink weird things in attempt to whittle down the waistline.

When I first started The Hungry Girl Diet, I balked at the instruction to write down everything I eat. After a few days, I began see the wisdom in this. I discovered that when I have to “own” everything I eat by writing it down, it makes it less likely that I will eat stuff that is high in calories.

A typical lunch or dinner on The Hungry Girl Diet consists of a sandwich and salad – both filling and with bread (although the plan recommends small portions of 100 percent whole wheat products). The diet even allows for three snacks a day!

There is nothing earth-shattering or drastically new in The Hungry Girl Diet. However, Lillien does a wonderful job of listing the foods that give you the most bang for your buck. Lillien also has lots of great tips for making the plan work and for cutting out needless calories. Many of these suggestions can be found on Lillien's website http://www.hungry-girl.com


The Hungry Girl Diet claims that people who follow the plan can lose ten pounds in four weeks. I lost ten pounds in three weeks which even included a few cheats! I was never hungry and found this to be a very simple and reasonable plan for losing weight. Hats off to Lisa Lillien for a great weight loss plan! I am awarding The Hungry Girl Diet four stars on my Goodreads page https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4673038.Adele_Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning for a Reason

Celebrating the Winter Solstice

Support for Students