Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever


I was happy to discover the movie, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever, playing on Lifetime.  Aubrey Plaza (actress of Parks and Rec fame), does the voice of Grumpy Cat.  This little ditty really put me in the mood for Christmas, but apparently, I'm alone on this one.

In doing some research for my blog, I was surprised to learn so many critics panned this movie.  I'm not sure where there are coming from.  Clearly, the makers of the film were laughing at themselves, even poking fun at Grumpy Cat memes and the over-commercialization of this feline icon.  There were even a few jabs at the Lifetime Network.

In addition to some genuine belly laughs, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever also had some poignant moments.  I thought the lead human in the show, a 12 year old girl played by Megan Charpentier, was super cute and a good actress to boot.  

Despite the majority of nay-sayers, I'm putting Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on my list of great shows to watch during the holidays.  Happy/Grumpy Christmas to one and all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning for a Reason

Celebrating the Winter Solstice

Celebrating the Day of the Dead